Monday, June 10, 2013

Watermelon Nails

Three cheers for Summer! (And nails good enough to eat) Late nights, drinks with friends, campfires, swimming, and obviously, adorable nails! I'm really excited to share these for two reasons. 
1. Well, just look at 'em! Would you look at 'em? (I hope everyone has seen that Youtube video...Check it out if you need a good laugh.)
2. I found a top coat I've been dying to try (Seche Vite) and it does give the "glass" look that every nail blogger is talking about. Do you see? I love it! :)


 These watermelon inspired nails were completely easy to do, yet have a big effect. I have gotten more than a few compliments. ^^ The ring finger is the new fad of "sugar spinning" your nail polish. You can find a tutorial here. (Not done by me, I'm trying to work on videos, I just need a good light-box)
Tip: Be patient! As soon as you become rushed, the strings will become clumpy and it wont have the stringy effect that looks so neat.


These polished were used to create the watermelon slices.
In the order used and from left to right, 
Sinful Colors Basecoat
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure "Frutti Petutie" (Swatch and review Here)
Sally Hansen Instadri "In Record Lime"
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails "Blackout"
L.A. Colors Art Deco "White"
Seche Vite Top Coat


These polishes were used to create the watermelon rind.
In order used and from left to right,
Sinful Colors Basecoat
Sally Hansen Instadri "In Record Lime"
L.A. Colors Art Deco "White"
Sally Hansen Xtremewear "Mint Sorbet"
Seche Vite Top Coat


After allowing the fuchsia to dry, I free-handed the green French tips. I wasn't too concerned with accuracy because I would be adding the white stripe below it. Then I added the black dots with a dotting tool (I use a pen that has run out of ink, I tooth pic/bobby pin also works well), after the dots I added the white stripe with a striping brush and finished off with quick drying Seche Vite! :)


I know this photo is dark, but I'm posting it to show the true color of the fuchsia on my nails.The sun seemed to wash it out a bit. This matches the true color a little better.



This flower matched my nails... So I had to take a pic :)

In case the links were hiding in the text, here are the two that I posted
Tutorial for Sugar Spun Nails
Ed Bassmaster's Look at This Car!!!

I hope that everyone is having the best Summer!
Don't forget to like, share and comment with your own fruit inspired nails. :)

Bloglovin ♥ Tumblr ♥ Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments makes my day, so please don't hesitate to share on any post! I just ask that you please be respectful and don't leave any links.

If you want to me to take a look at your blog, email me at PolishedPooka@gmail.com!