Friday, June 7, 2013

Sally Hansen "Frutti Petutie" Swatch and Review

Okay. This is my VERY FIRST product review/swatch and I'll say this. I surely hope that attaining the correct color isn't always this hard. That being said, these photos have been slightly color corrected in Photo Shop to reflect what I feel is more true to the color of the polish. Even in direct light, it was photographing as a coral/lighter pink.

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in "Frutti Petutie 540" 
This polish is the definition of fuchsia. It's a bright and deep pink shade yet, it's still not neon. It screams Summer to me and it's my favorite shade fuchsia that I've found. Without further adieu, here are some photos! 


"540 Frutti Petutie"


These swatches are two coat of polish but I must say that probably didn't need two coats. I painted them before bed, and did another coat in the morning because I had "pillow prints." 


The application of this polish is super smooth and the large brush covers my nail in two strokes. I'm a huge fan on large brushes, but I know other people don't necessarily love them. One thing I will say is the brush on this specific polish was a tiny bit uneven so I had a hard time making an even line near my cuticles. Though, that isn't too much of an issue for be because I always clean up the edges of my nails with acetone. 


Overall the line of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure line is one of my favorites from Sally Hansen. 

Application 5/5 Smooth.
Pigmentation 5/5 Opaque Only one coat was needed
Drying Time 3/5 Moderate. This isn't advertised as a quick dry polish, so I was expecting a normal drying time.
Finish 5/5 Extremely shiny. All these swatches are without a top coat

It's called Complete Salon Manicure, and I think that's supposed to imply that no base or top coat is needed. I did use a base coat by Sinful colors, but I don't believe it is needed. It may cause some staining because it is such a dark color if a base coat isn't used. My final say is ... Obviously I'd recommend it! This is the perfect color for Summer. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments makes my day, so please don't hesitate to share on any post! I just ask that you please be respectful and don't leave any links.

If you want to me to take a look at your blog, email me at PolishedPooka@gmail.com!