Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Royal Blue and Mod Squares

Whipped out my stamping plates and tried some of my new polishes the other day. I am LOVING how the plates are coming with that half moon on the bottom edge of the full nail plates. This was the first time I've used the half moons to create a faux french tips on my nails.


The blue is Sinful Colors Sinful Shine with Gel Tech "Break Away" (Exclusive to Walgreen's)
The stamped color is Sinful Colors "Tokyo Pearl" and it definitely isn't a thick polish, or extremely opaque. So using it was an experiment, but I think it turned out pretty nice. Shown here, it shows pretty nicely, but only because it is over a pretty dark color. Any lighter, and it probably wouldn't work. I added Seche Vite top coat and sealed the tips.


I do want to say, even though I'm not reviewing the polishes, this mani did chip rather quickly. I painted them at night and by the next night, I had tip fading and a few chips near the edges! I originally painted the blue to do a swatch and review, so I actually didn't have a base coat under it. I'm sure that didn't help the staying power of the polish. I'll try to figure out if it was the Sinful Shine polish or the lack of a base coat.  


The stamp is Cheeky's "B" plate. (I should do a review on the plates soon, too... some of them work.) But I'm just adoring the half moons!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting comments makes my day, so please don't hesitate to share on any post! I just ask that you please be respectful and don't leave any links.

If you want to me to take a look at your blog, email me at PolishedPooka@gmail.com!